By Jim Boyce
Why stumble home from the Hilton Beijing if you can saunter up to the presidential suite? (Yeah, that’s a rhetorical question.)
Sibling blog Beijing Boyce is teaming with the Hilton on a contest for the sixteenth vintage of its annual Food & Wine Experience, slated for November 2.
The grand prize is two tickets, including lunch or dinner, to the Food & Wine Experience, an overnight stay in the presidential suite, and next-day breakfast for two. We’ll also give away four pairs of tickets, including lunch or dinner (details below).
The Food & Wine Experience includes over a thousand wines as well as food, beer and spirit vendors. The event is from 1 PM to 7 PM on November 2. Tickets are rmb190, or rmb280 with buffet lunch (until 2 PM) or dinner (5:30-7 PM). For tickets or info, email shirley.sh1 (at) hilton.com.
On to the contest!
In years past, we asked you to pick a “party of five” for the presidential suite (2012), create an event slogan (2011), share a memorable wine experience (2009), tell us your ideal wine-drinking partner (2008), and — my favorite so far — invent a celebrity wine (2010).
This yearâ€™s contest: Tell us what president you want to meet, and why, and the wine you would share. (See the comments for examples.)
You can pick the president of a country, a company or a club, of a university, NGO or sports team, of… you get the idea. The president can be living or dead, real or fictional. We’ll also accept prime ministers, CEOs and mayors. But no vice presidents! We’re strict about that.
- To enter the contest, go to the comments section and tell us your president pick, and why, and the wine you would share.
- You can enter the contest up to three times. Leave each entry as a separate comment.
- The entry deadline is 1 PM on October 29.
- On October 21, all entries to that point will be put into a draw for a pair of tickets for the Food & Wine Experience.
- On October 29, we will pick the ten best entries. We will draw one as the grand prize winner of two tickets, plus an overnight stay with a guest in the presidential suite, plus next-day breakfast for two. We will announce the winner’s name that night.
- We will also put all entries into a draw for three pairs of tickets, including lunch or dinner.
- Note: If the presidential suite is booked on November 2, the grand prize winner and guest will get an overnight stay in a regular suite and use of the presidential suite on another night. That means two stays in the Hilton Beijing.
If you have any questions, let me know at beijingboyce (at) yahoo.com.
Whether you win tickets or not, I recommend checking out the Hilton Beijing Food & Wine Experience. I have been going to this event since 2005 and always have a memorable time.
Good content takes resources. If you find Grape Wall useful, help cover its costs via PayPal, WeChat or credit / debit card. Also check out Grape Wall on Facebook. Twitter and Instagram. And sibling sites World Marselan Day, World Baijiu Day and Beijing Boyce.