By Jim Boyce
The following info is via Melody Mast of Shanghai-based Mervin Fine Wines. Mervin — a fully licensed and foreign-owned company (WFOE) in the wine import and distribution sector — is up for sale. The operation includes an office in Shanghai, a sales team and established distribution channels. Mast says the company has about 200 labels and holds these licenses and registrations:
- “WFOE business registration in Shanghai (Minhang District) and business/ enterprise certificate
- “Alcohol license – Allowing Mervin to sell alcohol wholesale
- “Import license – Allowing Mervin to import goods, alcohol in particular
- “Food hygiene license – Necessary to do the alcohol business
- “Tax registration – Allowing Mervin to invoice to companies
Mast says the company has an established client base, both in and out of Shanghai, that buys on a regular basis. For more information, contact Melody Mast at admin (at) mervinfinewines.com.