By Jim Boyce
You might know a few things about Idaho, like:
- It is famous for potatoes.
- The capital is Boise.
- It has a cheese plant that processes four million (!) kilograms of milk per day.
- The state fish is the cutthroat trout.
- It is home to 44 Degrees North huckleberry potato vodka.
- Evil Knievel tried to jump a 1600-foot gap over The Snake River in 1974.
Let’s stop there and get to the point.
It is also home to Koenig Distillery & Winery, which includes ice wine in its portfolio. For those into contests, it is award-winning Riesling ice wine. I hear it tastes pretty, um, suh-weet. And word is the company would like to find an importer for China. Hey, the English are stocking Chinese ice wine, so why not some from Idaho here? Get the contact details for Koenig here.
(I knew I could write that post without making a sweet potato joke.)